n.p. Recruiting Publicity Agency, 1940. An informational brochure on Citizens’ Military Training Camps, which were originally known as Plattsburg Camps in 1913, 1914, and 1916 and initiated by General Leonard Wood. The purpose of the camps was to “develop the manhood of the Nation by bringing together young men of high and different types, both native and foreign born, from all sections of the country, on a common basis of equality and under the most favorable conditions of outdoor life; to teach them the privileges, duties and responsibilities of American citizenship; to stimulate the interest of the youth of this country in the importance of military training as a benefit to the Nation and the individual taking such training; to inculcate self-discipline and obedience; and to develop these young men physically, mentally and morally.” Includes information on eligibility requirements, an outline of the camp’s four courses, endorsements from Theodore Roosevelt, Charles Lindbergh, and an unidentified mother, and descriptions of the camps in Fort Dix, New Jersey (Infantry and Signal Corps), Fort Niagara, N.Y. (Infantry), Fort Hancock, N. J. (Sandy Hook) (Coast Artillery), and Madison Barracks, N.Y. (Field Artillery).
Folded sheet (7 ½” x 3 ¾”), 12 panels. Light wear to folds, rubbing, Near Fine. Item #10703